Tufnol laminated plastics and resin materials for engineering applications are selected by blue chip companies the world over because of their reliability, durability and versatility. The materials have developed alongside 21st century technology and it can be found in use in most branches of engineering.
Tufnol customers include:
Mass transit customers such as
- Bombardier Rail Control Solutions, a long established company which is a world leader in developing, engineering and installing advanced rail control and signalling systems, manufacturing rail vehicles and holding the most comprehensive bogie portfolio
- Alstom, operating out of more than 30 key locations across the country, employing around 6,500 people within its Transport, Power and Grid Sectors, helping to develop the UK's power, transmission and transport infrastructure.
- London Underground, part of the capital’s transport system
Prestigious aerospace companies including:
- BAE Systems, a global company operating in Australia, India, Saudi Arabia, the UK and the US manufacturing products in Defence, Security, Military and Technical Services etc.
- Rolls Royce, blue chip company manufacturing aero engines for all sectors of the airliner and corporate jet market with more than 12,500 engines in service around the world.
- Agusta Westland, total capability provider in the vertical lift market and a leader in a number of the world’s most important helicopter markets in both commercial and military applications
- Airbus UK, producing wings for the Airbus ‘family’ and generating around 100,000 UK jobs.
- GKN Aerospace, first tier supplier to the worldwide aviation industry in both military and civil markets.
- Spirit Aero Systems, one of the world’s largest non-OEM designers and manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial, military and business/regional jets with bases in North America, Asia and Europe.
- Messier Dowty, the world’s largest manufacturer of aircraft landing gear.
Major energy management companies such as:
- Schneider Electric, global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries.