Tufnol - Quality Engineering Plastics
Tufnol is at the forefront of engineering composites, laminated composites and resin-based materials for engineering applications.
Our reliability at Tufnol is legendary. It is based on:
- Fast, efficient service for materials and machined components
- Comprehensive technical capability
- Top quality materials and machined parts from one UK source
- Over 90 years’ experience as leader of the laminated composites, resin materials and composites industry
- Quality System Management registered to AS 9100 Revision D and ISO 9001:2015
- Many supplier quality accreditations and approvals
- Signatory to SC 21, the British aerospace industry’s programme promoting Supply Chain
- Excellence in the 21st century
A comprehensive research and development programme
Quality Profile Birmingham
Quality Management at Tufnol Composites Ltd
Development of laminated plastics
Back in the 1920’s engineering laminated composites originally grew out of the electrical industry’s need for high performance insulation materials with consistent and reliable performance. Even today, in many countries around the world, laminates are thought of primarily as materials for the electrical engineer. Tufnol is renowned for providing insulating materials for everything from high-end electronics to all sorts of large electrical machines.
Mechanical applications of laminates
Right from the early days, Tufnol laminates were also eagerly adopted for mechanical applications by the aircraft and automotive industries. Engineers designing and building aircraft found the longevity of Tufnol, and its consistent high strength and light weight ideal for all sorts of uses in aeroplanes wherever a non-metallic material was needed.
Today, aerospace and top-end automotive companies remain a large and important proportion of our customers.
Quality assurance systems for engineering plastics and composites
Quality assurance systems at Tufnol have, for many years, been subjected to scrutiny and approval by a number of independent authorities and government bodies, and the appropriate approvals gained. Today, Tufnol’s quality assurance systems have become an integral part of our culture. Tufnol Composites Ltd holds registration to Aerospace Quality Standard AS 9100 Revision D.
- We aim to meet customer requirements and increase their satisfaction with our products and services
- Our Quality Management System complies with both ISO 9001:2015 and AS/EN 9100 Rev D.
- Senior management is committed to achieving the aims of our Quality Policy
- Personnel understand the Quality Policy and are trained to ensure competency
- Personnel are motivated to achieve quality objectives and strive for continual improvement
- Tufnol will be responsible for communicating their customers’ requirements down the supply chain and purchase raw materials and services to rigorous specifications
- Tufnol are committed to fostering close and effective relationships with customers and to strive to meet their expectations